With the increase in popularity of social media sites, scamming and hacking is also becoming very common these days. Social media sites have introduced various preventive measures to reduce the impact of scams, however scammers still increase in number around the globe making the identification process difficult and hacking individuals’ accounts at an immense rate.
Facebook is one of the most famous social network sites on which millions of people are registering and revealing their personal information on a daily basis. Facebook scammers and hackers use entirely different techniques to target any individual’s account. These techniques are as follows:
- Click Theft
It is one of the most commonly used techniques on Facebook. In this technique, the scammers post a very attractive link or advertisement on Facebook to grab the attention of the user. Once you click the link, you’ll be directed to another page where you’ll be asked to provide your personal information and that is what a scammer requires
Phishing is another technique, which is used to steal personal information of any Facebook user’s account. In this technique, the scammers display fake websites on Facebook. You will be amazed to know that these websites look just like the original and no one can say that they are fake. On visiting any of these sites, you will have to provide your personal information and nothing will happen apparently, as no database is attached with such fake links but the acquired information on this page will be used for various illegal purposes.
Technique to avoid Facebook Scammers
There are few techniques, which you can keep in mind to avoid Facebook scammers. These techniques are as follows:
- Never give your login information to anyone on the internet, not even a friend.
- If you see a person online saying, ‘I am robbed please help me out’, do not try to be empathic to such people in any case.
- Make sure that you have entered the right URL in the address bar to avoid any hassle.
- Always keep your personal information confidential. Never mention them anywhere, and check your Facebook privacy settings.
- Do not click on free ads no matter how genuine they look.
- Before using applications available on Facebook, make sure that its creator is reliable before starting it.
- Avoid accepting anonymous requests. It is also recommended to avoid replaying to unknowns.